A Fast, Natural-Looking Solution
Are you unhappy with your smile? Whether your teeth are cracked, chipped, misaligned or stained, Dr. Bassford can correct a number of imperfections with dental veneers.
Veneers are thin, porcelain shells that are placed over and bonded to the surface of your teeth to enhance their color, shape, or length. They’re custom-fitted for a durable, natural-looking appearance so nobody will be able to tell the difference! Best of all, they’re completely stain resistant and don’t scuff easily.
Breaking Down the Process
The veneers process is quick, easy, and completed right here at our office in Silver Spring, MD. Dr. Bassford can perfect your smile in a few steps:
- At your initial consultation, we’ll talk about your smile goals and discuss your treatment options. If veneers are the best choice for you, we can begin the process right away.
- Dr. Bassford will take high-quality, digital impressions of your teeth to make sure your veneers blend perfectly with your natural smile. These images will be sent to a special lab to create your customized restoration. This typically takes two to four weeks.
- Once your veneers are ready, you’ll return to our Silver Spring office. Dr. Bassford may need to remove a small portion of your tooth’s enamel to ensure a snug fit.
- For smooth placement, we’ll also thoroughly clean and polish your teeth.
- The last step is placing your restoration over the prepared tooth and securing it using a special dental adhesive. At this point, you’ll be ready to show off your beautiful, newly restored smile.
Frequently Asked Questions
Dr. Bassford recommends veneers for patients looking to fix dental imperfections, like:
- Chipped, cracked, or broken teeth
- Gapped or spaced out teeth
- Stained, discolored, or yellowed teeth
- Misaligned, uneven, or irregularly shaped teeth
- Small or worn down teeth
Dental veneers are designed to last up to 15 years or longer with proper oral hygiene and care. This means regular brushing and flossing, along with scheduling bi-annual check-ups with Dr. Bassford. It’s also recommended that you use a soft-bristled toothbrush and avoid chewing on ice or hard objects to prevent scratching or damaging your veneers.
Most patients feel little to no discomfort during the procedure, but your comfort is our utmost priority. We’ll use anesthetic to numb the affected areas, ensuring you feel no pain and your experience is as comfortable as possible.
If you experience any problems with your veneers, don’t try to fix them yourself. Contact our office in Silver Spring, MD to schedule an appointment as soon as you can. We’ll address the problem and help you get back on track.
Find Out if You’re a Candidate
Veneers are a great way to cover dental imperfections and give you the perfect smile you deserve. To get started, give us a call at (301) 593-5500 or simply fill out a contact form and we’ll get back to you. We look forward to helping you achieve the smile you’ve always wanted!